Property Maintenance Code
Miami Township, Clermont County OH
Junk or Inoperable Vehicle:
A junk or inoperable vehicle must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a. Dismantled; or
b. Unlicensed; or
c. Missing tires, or wheels, or doors, or windshields, or hoods, or motor, or transmission, or battery, or fenders, or
bumpers, or body panels; or
d. Damaged or wrecked in such a manner as to be declared a total loss by the owners insurance company, or
e. Cannot be started.
Accumulation of rubbish or garbage:
All exterior property and premises, and the interior of every structure shall be free from any accumulation of rubbish or garbage. Every occupant of a structure shall dispose of all rubbish in a clean and sanitary manner by placing such rubbish in approved containers.
· Rubbish (including brush and yard trimmings): Combustible and noncombustible waste materials, except garbage; the
term shall include the residue from the burning of wood, coal, coke and other combustible materials, paper, rags, cartons,
boxes, wood, excelsior, rubber, leather, tree branches, yard trimmings, tin cans, metals, mineral matter, glass, crockery
and dust and other similar materials.
· Garbage: The animal and vegetable waste resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking and consumption of food.
Tall Grass & Weeds:
On all lots within platted subdivisions or less than one acre in total area, all premises and exterior property shall be maintained free from weeds or plant growth in excess of 10 inches. All noxious weeds shall be prohibited. Weeds shall be defined as all grasses, annual plants and vegetation, other than trees or shrubs provided, however, this term shall not include cultivated flowers and gardens.
Other Nuisance & Property Maintenance Issues
· Accessory structures: All accessory structures, including detached garages, fences and walls, shall be maintained
structurally sound and in good repair.
· Exterior painting: All wood and metal surfaces, including but not limited to, window frames, doors, door frames, cornices,
porches and trim shall be maintained in good condition. Peeling, flaking and chipped paint shall be eliminated and
· Exterior walls of homes and businesses: All exterior walls shall be free from holes, breaks, loose or rotting materials, and
maintained weatherproof and properly surface coated where required to prevent deterioration.
· Roofs and drainage: The roof and flashing shall be sound, tight and not have defects that admit rain. Roof drains, gutters
and downspouts shall be maintained in good repair and free from obstructions.
· Sidewalks and driveways: All sidewalks, walkways, stairs, driveways, parking spaces and similar areas shall be kept in a
proper state of repair, and maintained free from hazardous conditions. The maintenance of sidewalks within the public
right-of-way shall be the responsibility of the adjoining property owner. The public sidewalk shall be kept in a proper state
of repair, and maintained free from hazardous conditions.